Sunny Sunbutter Noodles: Peanut/Tree Nut Free!
What is better in life than asian food or asian inspired dishes! Not too much I daresay ;) Especially when they are safe for kids with peanut or tree nut allergies.
So when we heard of this peanut and tree nut free SUNNY SUNBUTTER NOODLE recipe - we jumped for joy! We think that it makes for a perfect side dish for a Fourth of July barbecue or even as a dinner staple. Kids may so enjoy the taste of this allergy friendly recipe that they may not even notice that it includes, gasp, veggies as well! Here we go.
Sunny SunButter Noodles
- Start to finish: 30 Minutes
- Makes: 6 Servings
- 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth, low sodium
- 1/3 cup SunButter Creamy 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 6 cups cooked spaghetti noodles 3/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 cups grated carrots 1-1/2 cups broccoli orettes, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
IMPORTANT: Check to ensure all individual ingredients are produced in a peanut and tree nut free facility
1. In a large oven-safe bowl, combine all sauce ingredients, whisk until well blended; set aside.
2. Add cooked and drained noodles to sauce, mix to coat noodles. Cover bowl and place in warm oven.
3. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet. Stir fry green onion, carrots, broccoli, snow peas, and red cabbage for 2 minutes or until slightly tender.
4. Remove noodles from oven and add stir fried vegetables. Toss to evenly coat vegetables and noodles with sauce.
5. Serve and enjoy :)
Refrigerate any leftovers. To make the mixture creamy again, add a spoonful or two of boiling water, and toss.